If you love an espresso with a twist, you will love this Thai Coffee Recipe. And, if you own a Super Automatic Espresso Machine, you can make this hot beverage quickly and easily.
Now, my coffee recipes are not an exact science. Just as certain individuals prefer their coffee black and others like their coffee with a lot of Heavy Whipping Cream; we will not be specific with the amount of ingredients, we will let you adjust the ingredients to your taste.
These flexible recipes will give you an opportunity to experiment and have fun with the new ingredients. Here is what you will need for this recipe:
- Fresh Roast Coffee Beans, a citrus variety such as Celebes blend is nice for Thai Coffee.
- An espresso maker. An Automatic Espresso Machine, Semi Automatic or other.
- Heated large Clear Glass Coffee or Cappuccino Mugs, or a to-go coffee cup, large.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk dispensed into a plastic squirt bottle
- Half n Half or Milk (whole, 2%, or skim)
- Vanilla Syrup or Coconut Syrup or both
- Coconut Milk
Dispense your Sweetened Condensed Milk from the can into a plastic squirt bottle. The purpose is to make the dispensing easier, more controlled, and helps you to decorate the glass coffee mug. Also, the container can be easily refrigerated. Once chilled, the sweetened condensed milk becomes viscous and slow to dispense. The squeeze bottle makes it easier to dispense the chilled, thick condensed milk.
OK, Lets make Thai Espresso Coffee
1. Start by warming your Large Clear Glass Coffee Mug
2. Squeeze the desired amount of Sweetened Condensed Milk on to the inside walls of the clear glass coffee mug. Also, dispense some onto the bottom of the cup. (The creamy white milk will contrast the espresso coffee mixture making an impressive display.)
3. Now it is time to make your espresso. If you are fortunate enough to own a Super Automatic Espresso Machine a touch of a button and within seconds you will be dispensing your espresso coffee directly into the condensed milk decorated cup.
If you are using a semi automatic or other espresso maker, you will want to have your beans ground, tamped, and ready to go before you start the recipe.
4. Dispense the desired amount of Espresso Coffee. I use a double shot of espresso and 6 oz. of regular coffee. I use a Super Automatic, but you can do the same combination using any available Espresso Coffee Maker.
5. Add the desired amount of Half n Half or milk, your preference. The heavier the fat content the richer your Thai Coffee.
6. Add Vanilla Coffee Syrup or Coconut Coffee Syrup. This will add more sweet flavor. You can use sugar free syrup if you choose.
Another variation, going with the Thai tradition is the use of Coconut milk.
The first time I worked with this creation I used decaf coffee beans so I could try a few cups and varieties without getting over caffeinated.
Experiment with this recipe and tell me what you find to be the perfect mix.
If you like specialty coffee beverages like this one, you can make this coffee treat in a fraction of the time by using an Automatic Espresso Machine. These machines are fabulous for entertaining and convenient for the pleasure of every day coffee and espresso at home, on the go, or at the office.